Will The Buddyrider Fit My Bike?
First Of All There Are Three Things To Note:
1. A traditional ladies bike with the lower frame in front of the seat allows you to mount the bike by stepping through and then sitting. This can no longer be accomplished with the Buddyrider mounted there. You must mount and dismount the bike gentleman style straight over the seat from the side.
2. If you have a carbon fiber seat post you must replace it with an alumimum or steel seat post.
3. If your bike has a suspension seat post, this must be replaced with a rigid seat post so that the Buddyrider is mounted high enough both for fit, and your comfort. They are available at most bike stores.
1. Adjust and set your seat height in a safe and comfortable position, low enough so both feet can touch the ground when stopped.
2. Measure the exposed seat post below your seat. Check if:
- It is between 1” and 1 ¼” diameter? (2.54cm and 3.17cm)
-There is at least 1 ¾” (4.5cm) of seat post showing to attach the Buddyrider
3. Measure at right angles from the seat post. Check there is at least 19” (48.5 cm) of clearance
If you answered "yes" to all of the above questions then the Buddyrider will fit your bike!